Thursday, November 4, 2010

How do you like your reference material?

By looking at my desk on any given day, one would have to conclude that I prefer my reference material in the form of books.  I no longer even attempt to put some of them back in the bookcase.  Some of them lay open to the last topic I was researching or just generally reading about.  One on top of the other, both to the right and left of my work space.  Yes I like books.  I also use various web sites for shorter reads, discussion insights, new stuff (until it’s published in books) and the like.  I have a few books in pdf format that I use on my screen.   As easy and simple as that is, I just don’t use them all that much.  Time and time again I reach for the physical book and not the electronic one.  How about you?  Let me know your preference.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back, windy-city boy. Similar to you, I prefer books 10:1 over elctronic means. You can write in the margins, highlite stuff, correct errors, etc. Nothing beats, or saves/makes you more money than a good reference library.

    I made a couple comments to your March blogs, but they may have disappeared into electronic nirvana. A friend in Burlington

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto... PDF's don't look, feel or smell like a book!

    Alan

    ReplyDelete